Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Istrom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone, I currently have a rose bubble tip anemone with a clown hosting in it. It's tentacles never inflate very much (normally are very thin), and I know that's normal for some of them. However, the tentacles on the very edge of the oral disc are extremely short, and not very colorful. Earlier today I noticed the clown (percula) had one of the tentacles on the edge of the disc in its mouth, has anyone ever heard of this? If so, how do I fix it? I would also love to know how to get him to bubble up more. (I have another rose bulb in the same tank that is bubbled up nicely, with a black ocellaris hosting in it)

I have seen my clowns mouth the nems before.
My largest nem now is the one the clowns leave alone the most?
The other two are 1/2 the size BUT they were one a year ago(much bigger) and split!
Even then the clowns preferred the nem!
They have always preferred the rose over the yellow for me?
IMO if it is not the clowns pestering the nem then my next thing to look at would be lighting?
How long have you had the nem?

A couple months now, I have two 170 Watt LED fixtures over my tank (90 gallon), so I don't think the lighting is the issue.

The nem in picture looks fine.
Was it ever larger for you?

Is that Blue Sympodium behind it?
How is that doing for you?

It's had more inflation at some points of time, but when the tentacles got that inflation, the oral disc was more closed.

Yes, that is sympodium. It's doing fantastic as well :)

Its due to strong water blowing at it. It happens no big issue.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom