Rusty florida condi???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwrmma

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi there, just wondering if anyone knows what might cause a florida condi anemone to become covered in little tiny rust spots. he was doing real well when i first got him, and now is still doing just ok, but has little rust spots all over his tentacles. good flow and MH lighting and water parameters all check out ok. tank has been up and running over a year. rock anemone doing fine. any info would help. thanks.

If it was all white previously, the brown spots are a sign of health. It probably means the zooxanthellae (symbiotic algae, actually a dinoflagellate but algae is a close enough description) are returning. Your anemone was likely bleached (zooxanthellae left) when you got it and it is now getting recolonized.

i dont have a picture, but it is a normal florida condi anemone with purplish looking tentacles with small rusty looking spots on the tentacles. has anyone ever heard of this before? also the tips are slightly curled over. he was doing great for the first month. very full and big, and now still full, just rust covered and not as "blown up" if you know what i mean.

steven pro, i think you were right. now the amenone is doing good. very purplish looking in color and tentacles are long and full. thanks.

Isn't it amazing what good lighting and good water conditions will do for an animal. Sometimes makes you wonder about those LFSs that we love so much!!!

Back
Top Bottom