Sad Day In The Tank :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I found one of my cleaner shrimps dead :( I know it wasnt from anything wrong with the tank, because all the fish are fine and dandy and same with my other shrimp. I think I know who the culprit is, tube anemone. My cleaners reside under an arch thats over the tube anemone, he could have went exploring around the tube anemone and gotten eaten. Later I found a molting mabe he had a deadly molting? :( I feel real sad :( Anyone got any Ideas? The other is doing fine.

The anemone would have eaten it, and you would not have found the shrimp. Besides they seem to smart to go into an anemone. Sometimes stuff just naturally dies, and it's just that simple. Or your just seeing a moult and hes fine.

damsels are nasty little things my first instint would be to get the damsels out, I've seen them not only pick on each others but nip at the fins of fish ten times there size

i doubt that it was the damsels, i have two large ytail blue damsels in with my camel shrimp and they have never so much as taken a wee peck at the shrimp. i have mistaken molts for death many times, so give it a few days, maybe he'll show up again. if he is molting, hes probably hiding really well since he is so voulnerable.

if thats not the case, sorry for your loss :(

Sorry I thought you found him dead, I was going to ask if he and any nip looking marks on him

when they moult they are really fragile, so he could have moulted and then maybe got stung by the anenome. he wouldn't have had his shell to protect him. just my thoughts, no way to know if im right or not.

Back
Top Bottom