Sailfin Tang Swimming erradically

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machzrt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I noticed this about two days ago. He swims like he is being shocked and is freaking out. He eats well and has great color. I have had this fish for about six months. Any ideas? :?:

Tank is 7 months old, water change 10 days ago. Having water tested today at the lfs.

Tankmates
2 clowns
niger trigger
pacific blue tang
cleaner wrasse
two anenomes
comet
bi color angel
two cucumbers
two clams
3 damsels
goldentail eel

Can almost bet that in a tank only 7 months old with that many fish, there will be water quality issues in a 75g tank. Have you been testing over the 7 months as you add fish? Hope you got real good filtration.

My .50 cents says the LFS will find high nitrates or an unsatisfactory level of ammonia. Phospahates could also be out of order. Bottom line, I think there are two many fish IMHO.

Let us know what the water tests say. Good luck.

Water tests came back and everything was normal. Nitrates were a touch high but nothing that will affect the fish. The say the sailfin is seeing his refelection and thinking it is another fish so he is staking his territory. 30 gallon sump with bioballs, filter pad changed every two three days, UV sterilizer, proteing skimmer and chemipure bag.

Well, I'd say you're doing darned well with that kinda load. When you say normal, I'd hope ammonia was zero and nitrates @ 0 to 10 (ideal). What is a touch high anyway?

Can I mail you the .50 cents? :roll:

yup nothing to worry about my salfin tang does the same thing every once and in while and looks really funny doing it.

Back
Top Bottom