save pair of nemos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoom760

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello all. i am new to this forum and i too am looking for possible solutions to curing my oscellaris clowns. first off, tank parameters are excellent with live rock and sand. however, i thought it was ich and treated it but incorrect. therefore, my humuhumu trigger, chromi, one oscellaris out of four has passed within one week. yesterday another oscellaris has passed after i put the three in QT to include fresh water dip and formalin dip. now the last two are still eating but are fading. body has ich symptoms and getting pale patches almost like mucous. assume its brooklynella but formalin does not seem to cure! how do i cure my pair of nemos before they pass and how long will this parasite stay in my tank! please help anyone.[/QUOTE]

formalin dip? are you putting the formalin in your qt or dipping/bathing them in it

scottayy said:
formalin dip? are you putting the formalin in your qt or dipping/bathing them in it

first i put formalin in qt for 2 days and returned to mt. today i used formalin dip for an hour and put in qt. that way i left mt with no fish to wait a month for parasite to die off

I am in no way a fish expert and I've only dealt with fish sickness /one time/ but I really want to try to help.

I used "quick cure" which I understand is harsh on the fish, but it has formalin in it. The instructions read that it was to go in the water that the fish reside in (QT tank)... and it was for longer than 2 days. I'm not sure how your product is supposed to work.

Perhaps read the instructions or ask your LFS.. or hopefully someone more intelligent will chime along.

I hesitate to give advice but I really don't want to see your fishes die :(

Perhaps for others reading you could post a picture of the fish. Then search google images for what looks like the same, and take in the picture to your LFS to see what they have to say.

Really hoping you get this sorted before it is too late!

scottayy said:
I am in no way a fish expert and I've only dealt with fish sickness /one time/ but I really want to try to help.

I used "quick cure" which I understand is harsh on the fish, but it has formalin in it. The instructions read that it was to go in the water that the fish reside in (QT tank)... and it was for longer than 2 days. I'm not sure how your product is supposed to work.

Perhaps read the instructions or ask your LFS.. or hopefully someone more intelligent will chime along.

I hesitate to give advice but I really don't want to see your fishes die :(

Perhaps for others reading you could post a picture of the fish. Then search google images for what looks like the same, and take in the picture to your LFS to see what they have to say.

Really hoping you get this sorted before it is too late!

thanks for the reply. yes im currently using quick cure as it is the only medication available. instructions states three days so tomorrow will be third dip and back to qt. i hope this cures them. my pix is what they look like with more white spots

I think you are supposed to put the quick cure in the water in the QT with the fish.. i don't think you are supposed to dip them in it.

Also, you can go longer with the quick cure.. i think up to 10 days i'm not sure. It has a weak concentration of formalin.

Worth looking into

thanks for the advice. quick cure and qt has done wonders. nemos are getting healthier ;)

dipping didnt work with quick cure or freshwater. qt with quick cure works 1 drop per gallon

Back
Top Bottom