Sea hare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The causes of cyano can be harmful to an entire aquarium. The big issue with seahares is that they are always hungry and usually starve to death in aquariums.

The causes of cyano can be harmful to an entire aquarium. The big issue with seahares is that they are always hungry and usually starve to death in aquariums.

Well I want a sea hare to destroy all of my algae but specifically will the cyanno hurt it

No. There is no guarantee a sea hare will eat your algae however. Your tank sounds like it needs a series of water changes and cutting back on feeding, more than another eating, pooping, critter. Cyano and nuisance algae is a symptom of high nutrient levels.

No. There is no guarantee a sea hare will eat your algae however. Your tank sounds like it needs a series of water changes and cutting back on feeding, more than another eating, pooping, critter. Cyano and nuisance algae is a symptom of high nutrient levels.

It's been a while since we've talked after I treated with the treatment the cyanno went away but after a while it came back. So if its true and my nutrient levels are high I've been doing water changes how else do I lower them? Any suggestions?

What GPH are they rated for? If you don't have enough flow, you can cause a lot of detritus(uneaten food and fish poop) to build up in the low flow areas, and cracks and crevices in the rock. This would definitely cause issues like you are having.

What GPH are they rated for? If you don't have enough flow, you can cause a lot of detritus(uneaten food and fish poop) to build up in the low flow areas, and cracks and crevices in the rock. This would definitely cause issues like you are having.

Ty for all your help I just added a koralia 1400 for more flow to go along with my 1050 and an unknown named one

Back
Top Bottom