Sick Anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeslynben10

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Very new to being a saltwater aquarium owner ... So I'm unsure the kind of Anemone that this is but wanted to confirm if this is normal behavior for it to lean this way? The last kind I had it never leaned so wanted to be sure I'm not freaking out over nothing LOL Pictures attached [emoji3526] Thanks in advance! IMG_20230306_134944030.jpgIMG_20230306_134928177.jpgIMG_20230306_134921128.jpg

Oh my you are right! Haha makes sense haha. Well in that case is this okay to have? I'm reading they are an aggressive coral species ��

If corals, anemones, fish or other critters in the tank don't look well, test the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH, then do a big water change. The water change usually fixes them up. :)

Oh my you are right! Haha makes sense haha. Well in that case is this okay to have? I'm reading they are an aggressive coral species ��

They are okay to have but you need to be careful not to place any other corals near it since it has stinger tentacles that reach further than the circumference of the coral.
It appears to be a frag ( I see a disk at the bottom :confused: ) so you want to make sure you keep it in a medium flow area of the tank with general lighting. (It will open more in subdued lighting but will show more color in slightly higher light levels than " general" lighting. )
Remember to keep tabs on the calcium level in the tank as unlike an anemone, it will need calcium to make it's skeleton.

Back
Top Bottom