Sick Anenome?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vegas Marine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a rose bulb anenome in the tank for about a month now. He's been healthy, curls up at night and comes out with nice full bulbs when the high output floresents are on.

Yesterday, he went on the move and moved about 10" to another rock. When I got home from work today, at first I couldn't find him! Finally found him all curled up behind the rock he moved to. His bulbs are really small, and he isn't going for the light like usual.

I touched him gently to see if he was dead, and he retracted a bit, so he's still alive.

Water:
ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20
PH: 8.1
SG: 1.023
Temp:80

Any ideas, I'd hate to lose him :cry:

he still look fine. you will know when he is dead. they go fast. in my pic gallery i think i still have pic of a lta going. it took him about a day to be fully dead. take a look.

Thanks for the help. Is that his foot in the picture?

I'm just concerned as he is about 3" across now, and when he was fully in the light he was at least 6"-7"

I sure hope he's ok. I moved the rock he was on as he was completly in the shade, now he's getting light.

Good idea, or bad???

Also, I "think" he dosen't need to be fed, light keeps them alive? Or should I try to put some food on his bulbs, and what kind???

Thanks in advance
Dan

yes that was the foot in one of the pic. i think there might be another one of him melting almost. he wouth was open about 6" and he was very flat. but i gave mine some siversides. small peace for small bta or lta. i gave it to him about 1-2x a week. but they say you dont have to do that if you have good light. just let him be he still looks good. i knwo there is a good site out there but i cant find the link for it. i just got home from my work (the lfs) and i brought home a bta and am now looking for that site to read more up on them. i will look some more and post the link. it was a really good site told every thing about them and showed some really good pics. hth.

that was the sit. thank you for finding it again. i tryed that one last night and it said it could not find it. but any way that i a great site.

you are very welcome i think i drove her so crazy with my questions she had to do something :lol:

Thanks for all the help guys! And thanks for Karen's site as well.

I did a 20% water change and that seemed to perk him up a bit. After reading up on Karen's site, I decided to try feeding him. I had some enriched frozen brine shrimp in the freezer, and managed to get it past the fish :roll: to his bulbs.

Man, did he gobble it up! :D Now he's looking much healthier and happier, and is back to his full size.

Again, thanks to everyone for the help!!!

you think it gobbled that up wait till you give it a chunch of silversides :lol: and you are very welcome for the help that is what makes this site so great we all need a tich of help now and then :wink:

Back
Top Bottom