sick Archer fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rachel7546

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have an Archer fish (2inches long) in my saltwater tank. I
collected him locally from a salt water environment about 6 months ago and he has been great so far.
Yesterday i put in a new light for my corals - 1 metal halide, 150 watt, 10000 K - and today the archer fish is looking pretty sad. All other parameters (pH, nitrite, ammonia, salinity) have remained constant.
Over the past week i have been doing alot of 'renovating' the inside of the tank and so he could have been stressed by this (no other fish appear to have minded though)
I can find no abnormalities in his appearance, only his behavior - he no longer sits on the surface but is sitting in one spot near the bottom, also he is not interested in food
Ive taken him out of the big tank and placed him in my quarantine tank (which just has a normal fluro) and his behavior has not improved
please help
i thought he was the hardiest fish in my tank!!
thanks

Since he has been in SW, I will move this thread and maybe one of them has experience with Archer fish.

The sudden light change can stress out fish from what I understand. Sorry to hear about your fish being stressed. Maybe someone has more experience on this. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom