sick black saddle clown.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drewposi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my black saddle clown has lost his black. hes brownish now and it also has a almost bronzish glaze over his body and even his eyes whats going on?

WELCOME TO AA!!

Can you give us your water parameters?
What do you feed?

i havent had my water tested since i first cycled the tank. i so im not sure whats going on with that untill i get the time to tomorrow after work. I feed mystic and brine shrimp i mix it up along with frozen glass minows for my little grouper. its a 37 gallon tank.

How old is your tank?
What kind of grouper and is it in the same tank as the clown?
I would suggest to buy a test kit, something like API salt water master kit.

its about 4 months old haha and yes at first i was just holding it in my tank for a week or so for a friend of mine but ive kept him in there for almost a month or so. the grouper is almost as small as the clown and they dont bother eachother. i also had a little snapper in there as well but hes going with the grouper back to my friend soon especially if you think thats the problem. other than thank thers about 10 to 17 pounds of live rock. my water was all god about a month ago a local pet store tested it and said it was fine. do you think i should get rid of the grouper and the snapper?

That grouper will quickly outgrow your tank and when he is big enough will eat the other two.
What type of grouper and what type of snapper?
Have you done any PWCs since your tank has been up?

hes a red v tail or ive heard coral grouper and a mangrove snapper. both under 3 inches and like i said i am planning on getting them out within a week or so their both my friends and hes coming back from out of town. and if that means water changes yes i do 1 every 2 or 3 weeks.

Cool, well, the next step is to wait for test results.

well thanks and ill be back with that test result probally tomorrow!

its almost like a carmel colored transparent coating all over his body. his eyes have it too. my other fish are fine but for some reason he has it and aso he keeps swimming on the top of the tank. he swims almost with his fins exposed all day.

heres a couple pictures. they kinda suck.
img_770957_0_0092257f29f448a25a72038b53373937.jpg

img_770957_1_879c15c4262639d800b2c673e2e9d2fd.jpg

If he dont have a white powdery look then I would look at the bacterial section of those links I sent you. Esp. if you have tail/fin rot.

he went in the middle of the night. thanks for the help anyways.

just to update i got my water tested and everything was perfect amonia 0 nitrates low i need a water change i was told but the guy said everything was pretty much perfect. so i guess its time to restock.

Back
Top Bottom