Sick clownfish? Swollen cheek

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sonja

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got a true percula a couple weeks ago and he seems to have "bubbles" in his skin. I can't find anything online about it. 2 days ago he started develop a lump on his face, now his cheek is all swollen
I have no idea what it is, if its ich or maybe injuries???
Does ich cause swelling like that?
Anybody know anything? ANY input is appreciated I've attached a few photos

All water parameters are safe and stable
Whatever it is I think it's from the LFS

image-912820619.jpg

image-1835760895.jpg

Thanks, Jason

His appetite is normal, but he does seem lethargic, and he seems to be staying in the same location towards the bottom of the tank, swimming against the current

I have no idea what is going on with your fish...but i also have perculas and they dont have any raised areas on their bodies. My guess is that whatever caused the bumps came from the fish store. Have you asked them about it? Is it possible to return that fish? Hopefully whatever it is is not contagious and the other fish will not be affected.

Thanks for the reply Wendy, I went to the lfs today and they don't know what it is either. Not will the take it back cause its been over a week, and there real sticklers. I'm hoping it gets better on its own not much else I can do but watch it

I am new to this, but is it possibly black ich?

Turbellarian Infection
This infection is seen most often on Yellow tangs, partially because the black spots are so easily visible against a yellow background, but it effects many other fish. Usually, only one or two fish are affected at a time. Some common names are Tang Disease and Black Ich.
Symptoms to look for are as follow:

• Black spots on the skin with a pepper-like appearance
• Scratching
• Faded colors
• Hyperactivity
• Decreased appetite
• Lethargy in advanced stages
• Increased respiration in advanced stages
• Skin hemorrhaging in late stages
• Secondary bacterial infection, which may include cloudy eyes and fin rot in late stages

Maybe try some melafix? not sure of the name...or some sort of marine antibiotic. Can get at a Petco probably...might be worth a try. Whatever you do make it's safe to put in DT if you cant get the fish out. Remember whatever you put into DT stays in the rocks, sand, filter, etc... so be careful. Sometimes its just easier to replace the fish. Good luck with it and i hope it makes it.:dance:

Sounds like your clown may have Brooklynella Hostilis...? He could possibly have Cryptocaryon Irritans.. There are several uncommon & common diseases in Clowns. i suggest researching Clownfish Diseases.. Some of these Diseases could spread to other Fish.. I would QT your fish.. & go from there. Also keep checking your water levels.

Back
Top Bottom