Sick clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My wife has a little tank with a regular perc. and a black one . I was being and idiot when I first got the black percula and didn't QT it. Well, it had ick and the little orange one got it to. I bought another tank and set it up as a QT tank (her tank has a few inverts in it). They have been there for about a week now and all of the ick is gone. They will stay in the qt for a minimum of 6 weeks. So, 1st problem (sort of) solved and a big lesson was learned.

Now for the next problem...... The black perc. has started to "defecate" in long strings that stay attached. I have read that this is caused by an internal parasite. If this is the case, what can be done to treat this problem?

The product I am using to treat the ick is not copper based. I can't find it online and I'm not at home to look on the bottle for what it is exactly, but I think it is quick cure (maybe not)...... The temp in the QT tank is also at a steady 85deg. Everything seems to be going well except for the "string feces"

Anyone have an idea of how to get rid of whatever the black one has?

The black perc. has started to "defecate" in long strings that stay attached. I have read that this is caused by an internal parasite. If this is the case, what can be done to treat this problem?

Actually caused by over feeding for the most part.

Actually for ich treatment 83-85 would be OK in fact good. It will accelerate the life cycle of the parasite helping with the erradication during the fallow period.
I agree this is not needed in the qt tank. The meds are enough. I would lower it to about 80 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom