Sick coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyheitmiller

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Any idea why my colt coral is all shriveled up? First time it's done this in month and my water is PERFECT!

This sounds odd but check your SG if it is to high or to low it can cause problems with leathers. All leathers seem to sluff and then you will notice a big difference in size.

Is your leather down towards the bottom of the tank? It may be getting to much light.

This is where they are at. Close to water outlet

Attachments

• image-1062888491.jpg
    image-1062888491.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 113
  • image-2434573565.jpg
    image-2434573565.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 89
They look very angry you might try to move them down from the light and a little away from the current.

I have some leathers in a tank with 150w MH and have to have them down towards the bottom and they seem to be doing much better.

joy13 said:
They look very angry you might try to move them down from the light and a little away from the current.

I have some leathers in a tank with 150w MH and have to have them down towards the bottom and they seem to be doing much better.

Really? N I thought they looked better compared to when they were mid level

Also my coral fell and landed on my heater and part of is is green. What should I do?

My guess is maybe too much light. MH`s and too close to the top? They like moderate light IME.

Codyheitmiller said:
Also my coral fell and landed on my heater and part of is is green. What should I do?

Also the green is turning white and fuzzy, kinda slimy too

Back
Top Bottom