Sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cthie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 2 month old 29 gallon tank with live 30 lbs. live rock and equal sand. It had cycled nicely with for the first month. I added two yellow tailed damsels after a month, ammonia and nitrites were already zero. After another month I added a few serpent stars, a brittle star, several snails and hermit crabs. A couple of days later I added two false perculas and 130 watt cf light. The first couple of days the clowns did great. They ate well and were active. 5 days after they were added, I woke up and one was dead. The next day the other clown was a little lethargic, and one of the yellow tails is quite pale, not bright blue. They are all eating poorly. I did a 40% water change yesterday and there doesn't appear to be any change ( I know it will take a little time). I did notice that my heater was allowing temps from 72-82, so that was replaced. I do have some brown algae and have decreased to light a bit, but is there anything else that I can do? I don't see any white spots on any of them. Any insight or words of wisdom would be very appreciated.
Thanks ahead of time this place is great. :( :(

Oh yeah, ammonia-0, nitrites-0, nitrates-10-20, ph 8.1, specific gravity 1.0235.

Has the temperature been swining that much all along or only after the new lighing setup?

I believe that it's only been recently that the temp has been changing. My lights are five inches off the glass cover and very open, with ballast mounted on stand. High temps don't correlate with lights on, necessarily. I think that maybe my heater went bad for some reason. Who knows may have stuck on during "that fateful night" Just not sure how quickly to expect recovery if that's the cause.

Back
Top Bottom