Sick Fish-Or Bullied Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Endless Ocean in My House

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently added a hawk fish to my 29 gal--My dealer told me he personally never had trouble keeping hawk fish in with other fish, though customers had reported trouble.
Also in that tank is a yellow-tailed blue damsel fish. My damsel has a couple of white spots, and his eye looks a little funny. You can't see it in the picture, but there's white around the other eye that looks like scar tissue.
I thought ich, of course, as soon as I saw the white. But ich is more like a light dust, is it not? The few spots he's had are a bit larger, and distinct.
I was thinking of getting a tank divider--not as a permanent solution, just to determine whether or not the hawk fish is bullying the damsel. Should I do a FW dip just in case?

Attachments

• P4300243.jpg
    P4300243.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 74
  • P4300242.jpg
    P4300242.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 71
If that is a big white spot then it most likely a fungal problem. I dont like FW dips. Never have seen them do any good but stress out the fish and alot of times kill the fish. Keep an eye on the fish. The hawk did not put that spot on him.

I read about them in my SW guide--the author very much did like them. But no, you're likely right. I read somewhere that it could be a missing scale--that's why I thought it was the hawkfish. What can I do for a fungal infection? Copper treatments will kill my arthropod.

Back
Top Bottom