Sick looking bulb anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moog24

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought an bulb anemone about 2 weeks ago and its just been getting smaller and smaller and its tentacals are very small and sick looking. I have no idea what the problem is. I am currently using the Current Marine LED model 4103. I tested the water and everything comes back good. Temp is at 79.5. I spot feed it and it seems to take the mystic shrimp. It has two crab anemone hosted with it and also a sunk clown fish. any ideas on what to try?

If you are using a stock model tank like that then your anemone is starving. Hard to believe, since you are feeding it. But most anemone in our tanks are photosynthetic. They need intense lighting, from several t5ho bulbs, mh, or high output LED to provide what they need to survive. Even though you are feeding, most of the time we give anemone food that is hard for them to digest due to the size and ends up costing them more energy to digest it then they are getting from the small meal. For your anemone to survive, you will need to upgrade your lighting and do some more reading on anemone care.

there is a crap ton them out there, could you specify witch one please?

im sooo confused when it comes to this, im looking at all the LED out there. What type of light do you use?

here is a picture

Attachments

• WP_20141003_003.jpg
    WP_20141003_003.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 113
Yeah it doesn't look well.
I use ecotech radions over my tank. You'll get the same thing out of the taotronics without the glitz and extras for much less.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would look up reviews on any light you see on eBay b4 you buy one

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom