sick mushroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lawschoolpro

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey you guys im new to the forum and i decided to post because i am a newbie and i think i have some sick mushrooms. i purchased some green mushrooms about 2 weeks ago. the past few days, 1 has expanded its center, and it looks like his intestines are coming out. another 1 has what appears to be 3 centers. can anyone explain this. they arent losing their colors but, i have a feeling they arent doing well. everything else seems to be fine.

The one with what looks like its guts coming out is expelling waste. Their mouth is their butt too. Should be done in a day at the most. No worry.

The one with 3 mouths is giving you BANG for the BUCK. It is splitting likely into a 3 for 1 mushroom. In a few days the split should be complete and the the mushrooms will take an additional few days to grow new full mouths. No worry.

You're fine. You will actually have to TRY to kill a mushroom. They're very hardy and GREAT for beginners.

thanks for the help jj , that puts my mind at ease. everything seems ok now, i actually have some daisy polyps, that are growing like wildfire.

Back
Top Bottom