Sick mushroom possibky??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iluvsaltwater

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey. I recently purchased a colony of mushrooms and they did very well the first 3 days but now they seem to not be opening fully. Some zoas I purchased at the same time were not doing well also and i contacted my local fs and was directed to dip them in lugos. I did and they are doing wonderful. My question...Is it safe to dip my mushroom and would it even be beneficial if I did. If so how do I dip them? I am trying to see if I can put a pic up of the mushrooms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also here are my stats.. tank 14g bio cube nano. Location of mushroom are one the sand attatched to live rock of course. Water flow in location is moderate. Water results are ph 8.2 nitrite 0 nitrate 5.0 ammonia 0 calcium 400 magnesium 1280. I did a 35% water change on the 11th.

I purchased the colony approx one week ago.

Dip it the exact same way you dipped the zoas. I always dip new corals before they go into my tank to kill any pests. You can get some nasty hitchhikers if you don't.

Tests are liquid. Temperature is 78. I've had tank approx 5 to 6 months

Is there another way to dip using less than a gallon of my tank water? Thanks bribo12

Up close pic of one of there stems as I call them

Attachments

• 1389648160136.jpg
    1389648160136.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom