Sick Mushrooms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kendodblg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I received these mushrooms apx 3 weeks ago and the've looked somewhat lifeless since puting them into my tank ( 75g, sump, Sander Power Skimmer, 8.2ph, 10dKH, Ca 420, Amonio 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate <5meq/L...)

I have nearly 400w of PC and I'm thinking my tank may be too bright. Has anybody had a similar problem? The LFS's tank was mostly actinic vs. my 50/50 actinic/10K.

Thanks,
Ken

Your shrooms don't look stressed or otherwise unhealthy at all. What leads you to believe there's a problem?

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
Your shrooms don't look stressed or otherwise unhealthy at all. What leads you to believe there's a problem?

I remember them looking "better" at the LFS. More upright, stetching towards the light (perhaps their tank was too dim).

Thanks!
Ken

They look good to me. You dont state however how much light was on the shrooms at the LFS nor how long they were there. It is not uncommon for them to take a period of time to adjust to the new system and light intensity. In addition, moving them around in tank to different levels of light/water flow can help.

The fact they are not extending upward and reaching is a good sign. When corals are under low light conditions they will extend their length much more than being in a properly lit tank. The look of your shrooms tells me everything is as it should be. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Your mushrooms look ok. I recently added a supplement to my tank called Coal Accel made by Kent Marine. This is for mushrooms and soft corals. It perked my mushrooms up and had them multiplying quickly.I had just one red one and one blue one. now I have over a dozen in just 6 months. I recommend this product for tanks with mushrooms.

my shrooms are always bunched up.
they are doing great.

Yours look normal.

Here is a pick of some of mine

Back
Top Bottom