Sick ocellaris clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

truben1010

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had a female clownfish that I bought about a year ago. She recently got some white stuff on her eye while in my display tank. It didn’t look like Popeye, it was just something that was growing over her eye. It would start in one eye and then start on the other eye. I took her out from the display tank and put her in a qt tank. I treated with melafix and api fungus cure and it was completely gone. I put her after 6 weeks back in the dt and she got it again in 4 days. Now she is in a qt tank again and it has gotten pretty bad. I am trying the same meds, but they aren’t working? Any help? IMG_4182.jpg this picture is blurry but I just couldn’t get a really good picture. The water is green because of the api fungus cure medicine.

I would treat again for starters.
How often are you doing water changes? I always recommend doing 10% weekly. On top of that, most likely there is a parameter issue in the water column. I’d be doing large water changes through the week, no larger than 50% of the water column at one time.

Back
Top Bottom