Sick or non EAting bi Color angel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
i bought a bicolor angel about a week ago and i didnt really realize but i havent seen him eat. I also noticed that his yellow on his cheeks have 2 orange spots that grew on his face and also aroun his gills? Whats going on anybody kno? what should i put in the tank to entice him to eat?

If nothing has changed regarding the contents of your tank from the previous posts you have made here, the problem is an overcrowded tank with fish that are incompatable.

agreed. the tank's bio load needs to be reduced greatly, and having compatible fish will only help things.

To entice him to eat, try soaking food in a garlic formula...or hold a sign in front of him that says "I promise to make this tank more inhabitable ASAP"

try frozen Angel formula, he should be eating from the LR also, if your water quality was deterioated from ammonia the bi-color will not eat. they start off eating slow, small bites and generally follow the lead of other fish in the tank as far as eating flakes and pellets.

I have a Majestic which I just stocked 2 days ago. Shy and eating minimally if at all. (I haven't seen her eat.) What is this garlic formula you are referring to? (I have a small percula clown, new Pacific Blue Tang stocked with the Majestic. I feed alternate flakes and frozen formula. Water parameters are normal.

Bi-colors are difficult to keep. Sounds like you're not QTing your new arrivals either. They're grazers and should go for Nori (dried seaweed you can buy at any Asian market). Sera premium spirulina is also a good food. I'd ditch the flakes - full of phosphates that fuel hair algae. Just my O2. Good luck!

KG

Back
Top Bottom