sick polyps!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norefer4me

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My polyps are looking sick! they don”t want to open completely and are turning dark brown where as they were kinda orangish before. There are only three and came with live rock from a year ago. Any help???

what lighting do you have on the tank? some times corals will turn a brown if they do not the the light they need. and how high is he place in the tank? what dose your water test out at?

I should first admit I am extreme newbie!! I have had my tank for 3 years with no problems. I just recently started adding a few corals.. see pics. My water tests ok..

PH-8.3 @ 80 deg.
Nitrates-1.0
Ammonia-0 to.1
Alk.-1.1

Lighting is fluorescent 1-10k and 1-?watt actinic
Tank is 20 tall nano

I did purchase a Xenia frag which made my yellow chromis crazy so she kept attacking it. Two days later it was gone. I could not find it anywhere in the tank.

well the xenia must have been food for a crab or a fish. i had the same thing happen to me but it was over night that i lost it. took all the rock out of the tank looking for it and could not find it. some thing ate it i think. you say you lighting is 1-10k and 1-03 but what is the wattage on both? 10k and 03 is what color of light they are. are the zoo placed high up on the rock work? they might need more light. and how old re the light bulbs. you might just have to change them out and the color might come back. hth

Back
Top Bottom