sick royal gramma?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PontiacFan87

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well my royal gramma has just been sitting down on the bottom of the tank the past couple days, not eating. Normally hes a very active fish, so this has gotten me very worried about him. Tested all my parameters and there all good. Salinity is at 1.024 and water temp stays at a steady 80*. Anything I can try to look for or do?

Oh and its a 30 gal tank with 2 clown fish and 2 chromies, which are doing fine. About 26 lbs of LR and no corals.

Is he getting bullied by any of the other fish? Is there anything wrong with his skin, fins, or anything else physically different in the way he looks?

Is he getting bullied by any of the other fish? Is there anything wrong with his skin, fins, or anything else physically different in the way he looks?

No, he's not being bullied at all. It looks like he is losing color in his skin, but no damaged fins or anything. Its like right in the middle of his body is turning white.

If it is ick, there are a few things you can do. A fresh water dip for a couple minutes is one thing i find to be very effective (it worked very well for my gramma when he had ick). If that doesnt work, itll be best to quarantine your gramma and treat the ick. However make sure it is ick before you take any action. If his skin is losing color that is just simply a sign that he is not doing well. And ick is typically a lot of white spots all through out the body and the fish is usually active trying to scratch it of on the rocks in the early stages of this illness. Look up pictures online before you make a diagnosis and take action

Back
Top Bottom