Sick Seahorse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starchar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sadly one of my seahorses has become ill. She looks like she has a bacterial infection. From what I can tell it may possibly be Vibrio, which is rather common in seahorses. I have had my pair for over a year.

No changes in tank by way of contents, livestock, or chemistry. I think perhaps this is an injury from live rock maybe that has developed into a nasty infection. She is weak and this has developed fast. Today she will go into a hospital tank and be treated with Furan 2. Any thoughts?

Sick Seahorse

When I had mine they would develope the same thing. Hopefully your treatment will work. It never did for me.

Thanks for the support. She is in a hospital tank with Furan 2. She still tries to eat and managed to get down some brine shrimp last night. Not the best nutrition but something is better than nothing. Trying some more mini-mysis. She has lost a lot of weight very quickly.

For the future...

Thanks for the support. She is in a hospital tank with Furan 2. She still tries to eat and managed to get down some brine shrimp last night. Not the best nutrition but something is better than nothing. Trying some more mini-mysis. She has lost a lot of weight very quickly.

In the future, you might want to try using Maracyn 2 for saltwater as it has added vitamins and appitite stimulators in it. Also, you can soak your brine shrimp (dead or alive) in a vitamin solution to help get more nutrition into the meal.

Sorry to hear of your loss but hopefully this will help in the future...

Back
Top Bottom