Sick Striped Fang Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmaglione

Aquarium Advice Regular
All my blenny has been doing great. I am not sure why he has suddenly been acting strange. Every time i notice a fishes behavior change, before they die 2 days later they swim crooked, almost staggering and twisting sideways when they try to swim. This is what my blenny is doing. My nitrates were high so i did a 10G water change. I just purchased an RO kit, made 15 Gallons of RO saltwater that was airated and poored it into the tank. That was the only thing that has changed since the blenny was healthy. I did take the RO water and put salt in it, let it airate and do nothing else but put it in the tank . Of course it was the right temp.

im hoping i still dont have to put Pure in the water right ? I did this when i used straight tap water with no RO unit. Anyway this is my favorit fish, is there anything i can do, to help him out? Water parameters are where they should be. Is there a magic DIP sold at the pet store like corals have or something ? Has anyone else experienced this with a fish and take action and have everything work out ? Help what can i do ?

Wow, lots of questions need to be answered.

Do you add RODI water between water changes to 'top off' the tank for the water lost due to evaporation?
If not then you could be having wild salinity swings between pwc's.

How often are you doing water changes?
How many gallons do you change each time?
This is for your 58 gallon aquarium, correct?

What are the current water parameters? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, salinity, temp, calcium and alkalinity. Please post numbers of results.
What else is in the tank (livestock and equipment)?

Back
Top Bottom