Sick Tang, please take a look at pic and help if you can

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Were all on here to learn from each other in some way. All we can do is give answers from our own experiences dealing with certain things. Everyone has their own opinions regarding everything and no matter what it is someone will always disagree. You can search something online until your blue in the face and come up with 7,000 reasons to use this or not use that, the only thing any one of us can do is give our opinions and our experiences to each other, what we take out of any of it is up to each of us. I appreciate when someone tells me my thoughts may be wrong because maybe it will make me take some more time to research it. We only disagreed slightly on this which is nothing compared to some of the arguments you see about answers to questions. I am sorry your fish didnt make it through this and I wish you the best of luck in fixing this!!!!

Oh and your LFS shouldn't want you to fail and lose your fish because of the fact that if you are happy with what they sell you and the info they give you then you will be more likely to come back, if you don't trust them I would try and find another place to go. I have had the best experiences with the smaller LFS rather then chain stores. The smaller "corner store" type places seem to live for their fish, it shouldnt be just a job to them it should be like a hobby. I maintain aquariums here and it isnt just a job I enjoy what I do which makes me care more about what I do which is healthier for my clients fish. The employees should feel the same way. If they dont seem to care find somewhere else!!

Yes you are correct, it is based on people experience and I do appreciate that, you can not argue a personal experience unless the person is really lying. I guess when one person tells you to do something from their experience then the next person who helps you asks what you did and they don't agree then they always make you feel like a complete idiot for doing what you did and all you did was do what the guy with his experience advised you of doing lol......

There are a lot of great people like you guys that sound like you know your stuff and I appreciate that, I just wish that I could encounter help all the time from others who know their stuff.

LFS, yes I agree, I do think that some of what has happened here is from purchasing my fish from a more chain store in a mall because it was 20-30% cheaper. The one fish (fox face) that I bought from the "corner store" here is a little more expensive for his fish but now I understand what he does ensure they are healthy before selling to me. I do not think he is untrustworthy but I just feel that any one that has a conflict of interest to gain profit can not be completely trusted until that trust is earned. I haven't been in this long enough to know that yet of him. I will continue to go back to him and pay more for my fish because the one cheaper priced sick fish as we see will cost more in the end, am I correct in saying that?

Thanks for all your help!!

Yes I believe you are right about the LFS that is a little more expensive. 1 way to see if they dont care about what they sell you is look for a sick fish or tank in the store, if they are willing to sell that fish to someone you have to be wary about shopping there. A reputable business will not sell any fish or any other living things that arent in top shape. Ask the store to feed the fish/critter before you buy it and make sure its eating well. If it appears skinny or pale in coloring dont buy it in the 1st place let the store work on making it happy 1st. In the end sometimes we end up with sick or injured fish and all we can do is try our hardest to help them. I wouldnt necessarily give up with the cheaper chain store just try to find an employee who seems more knowledgeable even if it means leaving the store buying nothing and coming back at a later time when the more knowledgeable employee is working!!

they all get their fish from the same places, and the same wholesalers. i disagree that you get "better" fish from X store than Y store. i would look in both stores and find the healthiest fish. yep, you must witness them eating and of course overall looks must show the appearance of a healthy fish.

Back
Top Bottom