sick? xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wherearepeople

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey guys,
I've had my xenia for about a year now and its happily multiplied all over my tank despite poor water quality. I am now much more on top of my water quality. until recently some of it has started to retract while other colonies are better than ever.

nitrates-0
phosphate-0
calicum-390
alk- 11
Ph- 8.2

Attachments

• xenialiving.jpg
    xenialiving.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 94
  • xeniadying.jpg
    xeniadying.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 74
nope i used some aiptasia x recently to get rid of some aiptasia it worked fantastic and didnt come too close to the xenia

It`s still in the water even if it wasnt close. Could very well be the problem. Maybe some PWC`s will help.

its strange that only two of the close to fifteen colonies are showing symptoms the lfs said it was only toxic in high concentrations and i have done two 5% water changes since ( I do 5G weekly)

5g in week in a 90g is like just taking out a few cups of water a day. Try doing a 15%-20% water change. That could well be your problem.

are they permanently like that, or just from time to time. My xenia will shrivel up, or contract, every once in a while and then expand back again. They may stay contracted for anywhere from five to thirty minutes and then it was like nothing happened.

Back
Top Bottom