sick yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i have crabs

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i got a real bad case of ich a month and a half or so ago wich i did hypo to the whole tank most of the fish died i think 2 were paraguard overdose possibly the ich 1 to ich for shure once the tank was down in the hypo nitrates rose quite fast wich i change a lot of water over the week but the 2 damsils got a bad bacterial infection(small ulsers or holes ) one just died in 2 days the domino fought through it (thanks to garlic and zoe)
the lion fish cleared up the ich but seemed to have a discoulouring under its skin for a few days or a week then got really bad one day died the next things have been stable still in hypo for a few weeks the domino and the tang seemed fine but the tang has now developed a red tinge under its skin near its rear end and some bloches near its head
the rear end looks simular to the lionfish before it died ive dosed the tank with paraguard for a few days i feed with garlic and zoe daily but dont even know what the problem might even be im guessing a bacterial or viral infection or mabey the hypo (wich i have been rising very slowly latly )

i know im gonna get the usual questions about the prameters everything is good nitrates are a little up but not high

Are you saying that you are treating your main tank with a copper medication as well as hyposalinity???? If so, you need to stop one or both immediately. You really need to get all your remaining fish out of your main and into QT where you can treat with EITHER hypo or Cuppramine. Run carbon in your main to get as much copper out as possible and slowly raise the salinity to 1.024. You will need to leave your main fallow for 6-8 weeks to allow the parasite to run its life cycle and die off.

How big is your tank? What are you water parameters? How long has it been set up? Let us know and we will try and help.

tripper

Back
Top Bottom