Six line swimming funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piperky1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a six line that I had in a QT tank for four weeks, he was acting fine so I added him to my display tank Sunday. He and my clown have been great tank mates. Today I notice the six line swimming then he will stop swimming and kind of fall over on his side, straighten himself up and swim on. He is eating fine (ate so mysis a few hours ago). Any idea if it's something to worry about?

What size tank? How did you cycle the tank and how long has it been up? What are ammo? Nitrites? Nitrates? Any other fish in the tank?

Speaking of six lines, I found ours ontop of center glass tonite. Pretty bummed. I hope yours turns for the better

After searching on web, I think I found out that his behavior is somewhat common. He was seeing his reflection and acting tough. He started to kick at the sand, flip real fast and twist around, and flare his fins. I saw several videos on youtube of other six lines exhibiting the same behavior. When the lights went out, he went straight to bed as usual.

Back
Top Bottom