Skunk shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
My shrimp died today. I tested my water at the LFS. And everything was good. I was told that maybe he was trying to molt and couldn't. Have you ever heard of this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How long had you had it? Are you sure it isn't the molt? Sounds silly but my coral banded molts freak me out - every time I think it's him dead, then a day or so passes and out he pops. Double check it for sure :) also I recommend getting your own good liquid test kits so you can check your own water. Most people on here ask for water parameters if you have a problem so they are good to have on hand...

I've had it since December. When I saw it laying on the sand, I thought it molted. I went to pick it up and the shrimp moved. Kind of twitched. I left it alone and checked a few minutes later it was dead.

Did they tell you your params or just say they were good? It pretty much impossible to tell without them.

Yea she said they were good, my nitrates were a little high, she advice me to do a water change.

Well shrimp like most inverts are sensitive to nitrate levels. As bectan said you really should have your own test kit so you know what's happening in your tank

Api at the minimum, but Red Sea, salifert, and Hannah all make great testing products

This morning I did a test with my api test kit. I'm posting the results. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 1395760176123.jpg
    1395760176123.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom