snail slime snot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumphead

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok Here I was browsing the site when i glanced over at the tank to see one of my turbos over on his back. I watched for a few seconds as he extended a couple of time (I thought he was trying to right himslef) when i noticed some slimey semi-transparent snot like stuff float into the water column. My first thought was "uh oh he's hurt." I watch for just a few more moments and everytime he goes in and out more snot flows. I pick him up and place him upright on a rock. Onward with the snot only to dissipate into the water as soon as the current hits it. It seems to be thicker than a "smoke" but dissipates somewhat quickly. Hurt? Dying? had to much to drink at the company party? procreation? what gives?

Ok here's a pic. this trail is sorta stuck to him and some rock, but otherwise the snot seems to have subsided. The lighting isn't the best (under actinics only) but worth a shot.

I think it was a bit slimey for that, but a possibility non-the-less. But i would think if that were it that someone would know for sure as it would probably have happened more often before. Hrmm.

Back
Top Bottom