Snails Not Moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

echidnanebulosa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have an 85 gallon acrylic tank that I can not keep an inverts in. There is no water quality issues because as soon as I put the snails in my eels tank, which has the same water as my main tank only it was already used in the main tank, the snails are fine, same with my Long-spine Urchin. I have a grounding probe in the tank and I measured the volts in the tank and it only measured .001-.000 same as my eel tank. What is wrong with my tank? If i leave the snails in it they quit moving and die, so did one of my urchins.

Do you have any voltage with the probe out? Have you tested the water? If so what are the readings? If you are only putting used water out of your main in it that be your problem. You may have high nitrate levels.

Here is another good question for snails. What is the water temp. I had a problem with my snails, come to find out I had the Temp to high.

Another question for you. Have you ever used copper in the tank to treat for parasites? If so, that could be in the system still and killing all inverts.

tripper

Never used copper, nitrates 10, temp 79, accimlated using drip. I tested for copper and there is none. pH is between 8.1-8.25. Ammonia 0, nitrites 0 There is voltage when I take out my grounding probe, but it is unsteady and flucuates. Alos, to clarify my main tank, the one where snails just die, gets 5 gallons of water changed each week. I then filter out any particles floating in the water from the main tank and change 5 gallons from my eels tank, where the snails and urchins thrive, and put the used water in there. It is the weidest thing.

Back
Top Bottom