Solarensis Wrasse with White Spot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megos1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey Everyone! On Monday I bought a Solarensis Wrasse who is/was 100% healthy! He is swimming around and eating well. Last night I was looking at him and noticed he was covered in white spot! Here's a picture:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/megos1/FISH/solariswrassewithwhitespot3.jpg

Then today I was observing him again and noticed that there are no spots and hes even more active then he was yesterday. He was stealing food from my huge angelfish!

Do you guys think he's sick? Are there any precautions I should take besides observing him closely for the next few days?Thanks!!!!!!!

Heh...I had this same problem with mine. I freaked out a couple times and QTd him and all that only to have it mysteriously clear up and disappear. I did a little reading on them and discovered that when they are frightened and also when they sleep they like to burrow in the sand. Now I'm not saying it couldn't be ich. So I would suggest QTing him in a tank for a period of time just in case. But I think you may find that it's stuff from the sand. Hope this helps. =)

Back
Top Bottom