Somethings seriously wrong.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zactheninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i bought this brain coral two weeks ago along with a plate coral,
Its been looking good until the last few days it started looking like this.
Ive been trying to feed it frozen krill but everytime i put it close to the mouth it pushes it off.

Will test params tonight.

Attachments

• image-1249039826.jpg
    image-1249039826.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 136
  • image-1491188259.jpg
    image-1491188259.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 113
  • image-2510004335.jpg
    image-2510004335.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 134
Testing water now.

Still looks the same :(

Is it possible my lights are to strong? Or are they too weak?

Okay so all the params i can test look good.

Nitrate 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Ammonia .25ppm
Ph 8.4

.25 ammonia isnt enough to kill corals, is it?

That don't look normal I myself am not an expert but from what I hear you need too feed brain coral with meaty food but I'm not a salt person so wait for more input

Okay so i moved it last night when the lights were off and when i turned the lights back on a 3rd of the coral was back to normal and inflated, maybe the light is too strong or i didnt have it in enough flow?
I had it in low flow, and i dont think the light is too weak.

I haven't tested today, i will right away.

And no, i haven't had the time.

Just tested water.

Nitrate 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Ammonia 0ppm
Ph 8.4

Got back today, doesnt look so good. I had to leave for a couple of days during the weekend.
Its pretty much all skeleton, im getting ready to do a big water change now.

Well since my open brain coral bit the dust ive been having trouble with all my corals.

A few days after the open brain coral died i started noticing zoa polyps closed, then other things.
I moved a few corals to my 7 gallon nano.
But what is left was doing fine.

Until the last couple of days, yesterday i found my torch like this.
Whats going on?

Attachments

• image-2418766290.jpg
    image-2418766290.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 102
Well since my open brain coral bit the dust ive been having trouble with all my corals.

A few days after the open brain coral died i started noticing zoa polyps closed, then other things.
I moved a few corals to my 7 gallon nano.
But what is left was doing fine.

Until the last couple of days, yesterday i found my torch like this.
Whats going on?

Have you checked all your perameter?

Like calcium and phosphates ?

It sounds like your water parameters are off. The fat that you had ammonia is also a sign of that. Check your parameters daily, you want ammonia at 0, nitrites at 0. Nitrates and phosphates also want to keep at 0 but a small amount of nitrate isn't so bad, a large amount is bad. If you see any of these things above zero do a water change. Has the tank been cycled? What else is in the tank? Don't be offended by me asking this I'm only trying verify.

Do a water change to make the water less toxic. Stop trying to feed it.

+1 feeding isn't your problem. Nor is it probably lighting. On one post you said phosphate was .25, next post it was zero. Which is it? A .25ppm phosphate reading is a bit high, hard corals like less than .05ppm. Water changes.

+1 feeding isn't your problem. Nor is it probably lighting. On one post you said phosphate was .25, next post it was zero. Which is it? A .25ppm phosphate reading is a bit high, hard corals like less than .05ppm. Water changes.

It was his ammonia at .25 then the next post it was 0 with no trites or trates

Back
Top Bottom