Spots on Coral Beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettWalker

Aquarium Advice Activist
This fish has been a headache ever since I've had it. :( It has spots that kind of look like ICH, but not as many as usually shows up with ICH. Also only on one side. I've tried to catch and place into quarintine tank, but haven't managed so far. Hate to take all the rock out in order to catch and stress the whole tank. Should I treat the whole tank for ICH again :cry: I'd send a pic, but he darts in and out of the rock too fast. He's the shy type. BTW, he's eating well and seems to feel fine. Also, the spots don't seem to be spreading. I've been observing for a few days. None on the other fish. Thank goodness :!:

IMO - As long as the fish is eating, breathing normally, and not scratching to the point of losing scales, just leave it be. I think trying to catch reef fish stresses them more than the disease.

Take a good look at everything to see if something is stressing this fish. Water parameters, tank mate agression, lack of grazing areas, food quality, or simple overcrowding are common reasons for a supressed immune system.

Don't point at Dwarf Angelfish. For some reason that freaks them out? :?:

Guy

As long as the fish is eating, breathing normally, and not scratching to the point of losing scales, just leave it be. I think trying to catch reef fish stresses them more than the disease.

Thanks! I can do this. :D

I have witnessed coral beauty's as being very shy. I remember when I first got mine i could bairly be in the same room with the tank with out having the fish dart behind the rocks and stay there until i was FAR FAR away from the tank.

Over time they get more comfortable with the surroundings and will be out more often.

My coral beauty now swims in and out of the LR likes its fun.

I agree with GUY. If you want get some garlic oil and soak the food in it. Feed this garlic soaked food to the fish twice a week. If it is ICH it will soon fall off.

I could not find any good garlic oil myself so I just got whole cloves of garlic and a garlic press and use that to extract pure garlic oil. Your house and hands will smell of garlic for days but hey. Its the side effect of an ich free tank.

:lol: My husband will love this remedy. He wants garlic in all we eat and I usually just sprinkle dry garlic in most of the dishes. This will be a good reason to go get whole garlic cloves and a press. Everybody will be happy.

HAHA

Warning whole garlic extract oil is very strong. I recon its alot more garlicy than garlic powder.

Try to just get the oil. Adding crushed garlic to the tank will just end up poluting the water and causing the potental for ammoina.

Back
Top Bottom