Star polyp help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AshaKayx3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone I am new to keeping corals I just got my first one the other day I got a star polyp I was told that I shouldn't worry if it doesn't open up right away that it is just getting used everything so I was surprised when I saw it open up after a few minutes I thought that I was doing something right so I was super happy but after it opened a slowly started to close back up and I'm not sure if it just wasn't ready to open when it did so it shut back up or if there something wrong I tested my levels my magnesium is perfect it's about 1250 my calcium that is a bit high at 500 phosphate and nitrate and nitrite and ammonia are zero pH is 8.2 is this normal or should I be worried? 1492019506159.jpg1492019562422.jpg

is it in a area where there is moderate flow,
did you add it into your tank with lights on or off . it may not be used to your lighting yet
give it some time , also be sure it's in a area where it wont over take any thing new you add , they grow fast

Back
Top Bottom