Starfish falling off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zaku999

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!

I just got a brown chocolate chip starfish, i have placed it on the glass panel (with some algae).

it will stick on the surface but after a while, some of the legs begin to peel/curl away!

Is this normal? is this starfish healthy?

please advise! many thanks!

I had one and it would do the same thing (not all the time) but when it did i just assumed that it was normal. I thought that what it may have been doing was just trying to find somewhere to grab on to. I really dont know but that was my experiance.

I have one that likes to crawl all the way to the top of the tank to the point where there is no more water and then lean back 1/2 way... 8O so her top is sumerged and the bottom is sort of exposed to air. When she over does it then she falls down :lol: . As long as your star has a nice chocolately color and legs are not falling off she is healthy. :)

Silly starfish.

Our Humu trigger knocked the chocolate chip starfish off the glass when it was doing this... crazy fish. :p

haha! so everyone has seen "falling stars"!!

btw, I have read online that they are not reef safe?! any reason why they might be hazard?

Back
Top Bottom