Strange spot on clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottm84

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, can anybody identify this strange spot on my clown underneath its pectoral fin? He is still eating and swimming fine and doesn't seem to be bothered by it although I still removed him and put into a quarantine tank just in case

image-4284820795.jpg

Is he hosting any corals or anemone? It could be where he was stung. Sometimes it happens.

There are no corals in the tank at the moment but there are aiptasia, (not for long though) could it have been that?

I caught him in a net and had a good look at him. I'm pretty confident he has just scraped himself on a rock. He does fly around that tank after all lol it doesn't look infected, he has been feeding and swimming just fine so I think he's ready to return to his homies :)

I caught him in a net and had a good look at him. I'm pretty confident he has just scraped himself on a rock. He does fly around that tank after all lol it doesn't look infected, he has been feeding and swimming just fine so I think he's ready to return to his homies :)

Its possible it could have been from a fight to. Just something to watch out for. But keep him well fed and keep and eye on him. He should probably be ok as long as no infection sets in.

Yeah I will keep a close check on him. It's fairly easy really because I'm rarely away from the tank. Usually sat next to it just glaring in with any spare time I have.

Back
Top Bottom