Superman zoas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey wats up ppl I have a quick question why is my Superman zoa's not opening at all it's been almost 2 weeks all the other corals are doing fine, my other zoa colonies has a whole bunch of little ones and when I first got then this one had more what am I doing wrong the were same tank right next to each other and just this one's isn't doing good

Attachments

• IMG_20190730_194117.jpg
    IMG_20190730_194117.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 110
Move them to a different spot in the tank. It's most likely a flow issue, but could deal with lighting as well. Either way moving can address this.

This is the 4th time I move it I moved it higher and with less flow but I was told to do a dip with revive what you think

Start them on uour sand bed and leave them alone for a while. They just need to adjust, and can’t if you keep moving them around. A coral dip is always a good idea before adding a new coral to the tank.

Start them on uour sand bed and leave them alone for a while. They just need to adjust, and can’t if you keep moving them around. A coral dip is always a good idea before adding a new coral to the tank.

Thanks, quick dumb question, when adding new corals wat should I should expect to see the first two weeks both soft and hard coral

Thanks, quick dumb question, when adding new corals wat should I should expect to see the first two weeks both soft and hard coral

Every coral is different, some adjust fast some never do. What lighting are you using, and how much flow is in the system?

This are my parameters that I just took

Ph 8.3 (it's between 8.2 and 8.4 on the red Sea test kit)
Ammonia 0.2
Nitrite 0.05
Nitrate 20
Kh 3.57
Calcium 420

Attachments

• 1525125983.jpg
    1525125983.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 109
I'd move them down into the sandbed and see how they do. Parameters aren't on the suspect list if all else is doing well. It's either flow or lighting, and I suspect flow.

I have moved it down hopefully it's not lighting but tomorrow I will install the ai prime he I have had it for a few days just scared to install it with out more info on what are the best colors for growth and colors etc

Best colors will come from pristine water conditions and what you find to be appealing to look at. Just remember to set them very low from the start. It should have an acclimation setting that you can use so they ramp themselves up over time for you.

Best colors will come from pristine water conditions and what you find to be appealing to look at. Just remember to set them very low from the start. It should have an acclimation setting that you can use so they ramp themselves up over time for you.

I sure am it's kind of hard because what we might like might not be good or beneficial to the fish and coral I want to find the Happy medium where colors pop and and grow rate isn't compromise, I don't want a survivor tank I want o e where they thrive

Quick question is it true that uv is what bleaches coral, I wament to the lfs where I got my ai prime was looking at some frags a s the guy asked me if I liked the lights and I told him yeah just wondering wat settings they ran and he told me but I noticed that the uv was way low so I asked why and the employee said because uv is what bleaches the coral so I left it at that and went to another lfs

Lots of things cause coral bleaching. UV is not one of them. Now if they are blasted with too much light without being used to it it will cause it. Too little light for too long. Parameter issues. Being eaten, irritated.

Now if they are blasted with too much light without being used to it it will cause it. Too little light for too long.

This is where I get confused kind off so I know when you get a new coral is important to acclimate it to the light most ppl put it in the sand or frag rack but how long should they stay there before coming back

It varies. Some coral are much more hardy and resilient than others. You haven't been dealing with anything too tricky, so the hardy more common guys that you have can help you learn.

It varies. Some coral are much more hardy and resilient than others. You haven't been dealing with anything too tricky, so the hardy more common guys that you have can help you learn.

I was thinking I want to have a back wall of gsp how much will I need to start with and will just using super glue will help?

In terms of gluing a frag of it to the wall? That'll get it started. Even having the stuff up against the back wall will get it started. It will take a long time for it to get it all covered.

In terms of gluing a frag of it to the wall? That'll get it started. Even having the stuff up against the back wall will get it started. It will take a long time for it to get it all covered.
That's what I was thinking on gluing it to the back and I got a frag this lfs had a piece that was at least 8 inches wide by foot an a half long and he gave me for free about 8 inches by 3 cut by hand IMG_20190810_175909.jpg1565483821464.jpg1565483879918.jpg

Back
Top Bottom