Suspect: Marine Velvet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macscale

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone,
For those of you who follow my tank build thread, you have heard that there have been two deaths in the past five days in the tank.
One clown fish and a coral beauty have very unfortunately passed.
The other clownfish in the tank is the current point of diagnosis. When the coral beauty passed, it showed almost no signs of disease. When the next clownfish passed, a few white spots leaving the suspect to be ich. However most of you know, that ich does not spread this fast or is enough lethal to harm all the stock. Leaving the very similar looking and dangerous Marine Velvet as the suspect.

Here is where your help comes in. I have attached several photos of the remaining clownfish; and I need you all to help me verify of find the real source of disease.

The clownfish and a goby are the only two things left in the tank. The goby is showing no signs of infection, thankfully.

It is quite difficult to capture a photo with the detail needed. If you notice the bruise like bump on the clowns first stripe. Marine velvet does cause fish to bump into things very easily, meaning they may be from bumping. Or it could be some form of inflammation. Thoughts?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403205725.680517.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403205787.650385.jpg

Back
Top Bottom