Tail thing help new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike jones

Aquarium Advice Activist
I my clown had this happen to him over night? Can you help I'm new to sw

Attachments

• image-2331347593.jpg
    image-2331347593.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 146
Ouch! Looks like something might have chewed on his tail. What other fish are in the tank, and what's the tank size? Post your water parameters too in case something there could be the problem.

He's all alone in the tank the tank just got over its cycle and the waters cloudy from new substrate he's about 1cm long just a baby in a 30 gallon long so he's got tones of space

Mike jones said:
He's all alone in the tank the tank just got over its cycle and the waters cloudy from new substrate he's about 1cm long just a baby in a 30 gallon long so he's got tones of space

Hey mike! I know your friend was holding him for you during your cycle- was he alone in that tank the whole time?

Mike jones said:
He was with another clown the exact same size

Okay, the more info we can get, the better people can try to figure out how to help the poor little fish. Do you know how long it's been like this?

Started the night before last just turned all white I haven't added anything sense Saturday and that a live rock and new substrate my salinity levels are at 1.023 light my lights are on from 9am to 10pm Dailey If been feeding him marine flakes my temps at 70 and know he's swimming on the top of the water now not dead but not long before he will be :(

Yeah he's just died :( poor little guy do you think something's wrong with my water I this he might of had it burned on the heater on there and it got infected maybe ? Idk just throwing something out

Mike jones said:
Yeah he's just died :( poor little guy do you think something's wrong with my water I this he might of had it burned on the heater on there and it got infected maybe ? Idk just throwing something out

I'm sorry about your fish. That's horrible. Have you tested your water lately? He definitely had something happening with that tail, but just not sure what. If the temps only at 70, I wouldn't think that would burn him to that extent. Could be he had some prior injury that just showed up now. When he was in with that Other clown, he could've had an injury that got infected and took a little time to show up. It's not like you would've been able to see a red mark on a orange fish. Clowns do have teeth, so he could've gotten bitten. And they can be territorial.

Don't give up though! check your water parameters. If ammo is 0, nitrite is 0 and nitrate below 40, try another fish. Might wanna try to get the temp up a little, 72-78 is better, but don't think that had anything to do with your fish dying. I'm not trying to sound heartless here, but if the tank goes without any fish for too long, the BB will die and you'll have to recycle. :(
Let me know if you have any other questions or even just need to vent about your fish!!

Is there anyway I can keep it alive cause I won't be able to get another guy for atleast a month

Add some inverts, snails or crabs. They will keep it going. I haven't heard of it dying without fish though because we leave the tank fallow when treating ich. Do you have live rock?? If so, it shouldn't die, anyone else??

You could probably put in a pinch of fishfood every other day for the BB. I think that would work. Otherwise if you have a CUC that'll hold the tank until you get fish. If no CUC, then now's a good time to invest in one.

Yep, just add a pinch of food every couple days an that'll break down into ammonia and feed the BB. Just do that until you get something in there.

If that happened over night , that's a little weird maybe there's something else that hitched a ride in your live rock , cause it looks like its been eaton, that's kind of sudden for an infection..

Back
Top Bottom