Tang issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks lik he might have head and lateral line erosion. (I'm looking at a white patch behind his eye, and it looks like some of the fins have receded.) It seems to be fairly common in tangs and large angels.

I'm not sure it's curable, and I don't think they really know what causes it. The normal prescription I've seen referenced calls for water changes to minimize nitrates along with variety in the diet. I've also read that some have had success wiht medicated food under the supposition it is casued by a parasite. Metro+ is one food that can be mixed with frozen food.

I don't think it's immediately fatal, but the fish often looks very very rough as the problem continues to progress.

Try adding a grounding probe. One possible cause could be stray voltage in the tank

Agreed on that probably being what it is. There are lots of ideas out there as to causes, but no scientific or proven causes. Vitamin deficiencies and/or lack of varied diet and stress are two commonly held beliefs for causes.

How long have you had this Tang? What size tank? What do you feed? Good water parameters?

If its lateral line it is cureable with the proper diet they need lots of algae or marine based seaweed(NoRI) and formula 2 flakes or pellets QT him till he is eating good and putting weight on or in the end it won't be good.

Back
Top Bottom