Tang Update--

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

For those of you who are interested heres an update. For those of you who aren't please do not post on this thread.

Aggression is no longer apparent. They all get along perfectly, all the new ones are now on flake and pellets. The cleaner wrasse is eating zoo plankton very well, and im very glad I got him eating. Water conditions are stable, and so far everythings running smoothly.

0.jpg

Sorry my pictures are so poor.

What size are the various tangs. Looks like they are all very simular in size. Im supprised your not feeding them nori or algae. My tangs dive right into the nori when I add it.

There about 5", I do feed live macro. I just wanted to get them on pellets and flakes just because sometimes im out of the macro. Also used it to get them back in shape, there all nice and round in the stomach now.

I think it looks great...i don't have the courage to undertake something like that myself but more power to ya!

Me too. I didnt' think it was possible to keep that many tangs in a tank that size but looks like you have it working for you.

I didnt' think it was possible to keep that many tangs in a tank that size but looks like you have it working for you

working for weeks is one thing...years, another! But I do hope it continues to work and keep the pictures coming. I have a few lfs that we refer to as the death stores! It makes me sick to see it, dead fish, dying fish and ick all over! Those 11 tangs are better off there than most lfs and even some homes!

No, Yes, Magic

I don't QT any fish, and these tangs in particular went from the bag to the tank since I had to rush to work. I have never had any problems, as far as im concerned if they live through capture a temp change, and water chemistry change isn't going to kill them. I think QT is a great thing, but ive had people tell me there fish died in Qt then theres always that question about "would it have lived if i just added it to the main". To me the sooner the fish is in a "more" natural environment with more space the better it's chances are. I know this can be quite a discussion, but thats not the purpose of this thread. Some of you may think my methods are irresponsible, but Ive only lost two fish. Both were jumpers.

Have you tried to lighten your pictures using microsoft Photo editor? It might help to show off those beautiful fish. :wink:

Tell you what, your tank may be overstocked but it sure looks better than mine. Damn algae!

Good luck with your experiment, that tank must be really cool to look at.

Six-Line said:
No, Yes, Magic

I don't QT any fish, and these tangs in particular went from the bag to the tank since I had to rush to work. I have never had any problems, as far as im concerned if they live through capture a temp change, and water chemistry change isn't going to kill them. I think QT is a great thing, but ive had people tell me there fish died in Qt then theres always that question about "would it have lived if i just added it to the main". To me the sooner the fish is in a "more" natural environment with more space the better it's chances are. I know this can be quite a discussion, but thats not the purpose of this thread. Some of you may think my methods are irresponsible, but Ive only lost two fish. Both were jumpers.

Actually, that seems like a valid argument. BTW, I know it's not your intention, but have you noticed any schooling behavior?

And any problems with agression between the clowns? I had to return my clarkii after I found the perc had a bite mark in his tail! I guess the tank size is in your favour?

Back
Top Bottom