Tank bully?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

likeaboss2645

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a pair of clown fish (one black snow flake, one normal black) in a 90 gal reef tank. I've had them in there a couple weeks now and have noticed some spots on there fins that look as if they have been picked at. The other fish in the tank are a fox face, six line, small 3 stripe damsel, and a small saddle puffer. I haven't seen any bullying myself but how do I identify the problem? Could they be sick or?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are still eating and act happy just FYI

Ok so I found out it's my saddle puffer what should I do with him? How can I help my clowns find to heal?

Ok so I found out it's my saddle puffer what should I do with him? How can I help my clowns find to heal?

I would bring the saddle puffer back to the LFS or set him up in a separate tank if he is the culprit.

Good old fashioned water changes and a clean tank will help the clowns heal themselves in no time. No need for medication if it's just a few little nips on their fins.

my puffer tried picking on my clowns but my clowns ganged up on him and taught him a good lesson , he don't mess with no one now ,

Ok thx very helpful

mine are also tougher clowns there yellow banded maroon clowns
they can take care of themselves there animals
b/w snowflakes are a bit more less aggressive I missed that part somehow
so the puffer may need to be re-homed if he keeps nipping
another thought is the puffer may hungry causing him to nip at others
I tie a chunk of deli shrimp shell on to a piece of thread for the puffer to munch on
since all the other fish hoard food

Back
Top Bottom