tank doomed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ph is7.4 ammonia is 0 nitrate2 is 0 and nitrite3 is 5.0 th test kit is api.so what does all this mean?

Well...for starters...it means your LFS representative is an idiot lol.

Your pH is really low -- anything below 7.8 is alittle troublesome, but it should be around 8.0. I'm not sure what you mean by nitrate2 and nitrite3...it's just called nitrates and nitrites :) Your nitrites should always be 0. It looks like your nitrates are fine. I use API test kits as well and they work fine, just replace it every 6 months or so. I know you have a large tank (75g ??) but you need to do as large of a water change as you can to bring down those nitrites and raise the pH.

my test k it has two bottles of nitrate and one botle of nitrite.

my test k it has two bottles of nitrate and one botle of nitrite.

Right...did you read the instructions?

For the nitrate, you have to add 10 drops from the first bottle, and then 10 drops from the second bottle to the water sample in the test tube.

For the nitrite, you only have to add 5 drops from the only bottle to the water sample in the test tube.

Don't forget to shake the bottle and the tube when using the trate test. I forgot often when i stated using the API tests. The results changed a decent amount.

i did it for a minute like they said but why arent me fish eating if everyting is ok?my lawnmower blenny use to race around like crazy and he just sits on the bottom and none are eating

is my nitrite 3 high?do i need a water change?:confused::facepalm:
everything is at 0 and my ph is7.8 put the fish back in ahour ago i hope they will start eating.they look better and acting more lively but no eating yet.how long can they go without eating?

dwint said:
everything is at 0 and my ph is7.8 put the fish back in ahour ago i hope they will start eating.they look better and acting more lively but no eating yet.how long can they go without eating?

Glad to hear it. They can go a few weeks max without eating. What do you feed them?

pime reef flakes from ocean nutrition
i guess my blenny is stressed out.i see him more some times but he is usually hiding and my fire fish is the only one eating.i lost my new bangai cardinal,he was a big one too,that sucks

Hopefully with the water change the blenny will be less stressed, once it gets to figure out person means food it will be out more. I find mine lurking watching me look for him but all I have to do is grab the food and he is out there front and center doing dance for food.

I hate when a fish dies for no apparent reason. That is why I research so much to make sure people have had good luck with them. Now I find out that most lawnmower blenny end up with eating disorders they eat things that they usually don't get in nature and that can shorten their life. So now I make sure I feed my tank once a day with an herbivore food.

lawnmower blenny are great.there fast and eat like crazy.what kind of food should i get for it.he has been eating flake and shrimp.i stopped the shrimp found out cooked shrimp was not goo.d.i think that was a problem with my water leaving some on the bottom

If you have any nitrites at all then you tank isn't cycled.

Amm should be 0

Trites should be 0

Trates should be under 10, ideally 0 is my preference, but that's not vital depending on tank inhabitants.

i'm at zero still and just noticed my clowns are putting the food in there mouth but spitting it outso hopefully they will eat soon.i don't want to put food in there if there not going to eat it or i be back to where i was

lost the blenn and both clowns all i have left is a fire fish and the bangai but the cardinal is'nt eating so he will be next.i even bought coal for the filter and stuff for new tanks.if my testings are good does my have a disease in it now.if so how do i fix this.i can't afford to keep buying all this stuff and have fish dyeing

Back
Top Bottom