This is a photo of my friends clown I think it has Ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigben2057

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is a photo of my friends clown I think it has Ick what do you guys think?

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 133
Yeah sorry thats the best photo she could get me thinking we better Qt it. Should i remove the one with ick and qt it or remove the healthy one? I have a 5 gal invert tank either could go in.

bigben2057 said:
Yeah sorry thats the best photo she could get me thinking we better Qt it. Should i remove the one with ick and qt it or remove the healthy one? I have a 5 gal invert tank either could go in.

Well personally I'd qt both and do a hyposalinity treatment. To be completly safe you should leave them qt'ed for 6-8 weeks to insure none is still living in your DT. Google hyposalinity treatment.

*edit*
Is the 5gallon your only option? That's a little small for 2 clowns.. but it can work.

Well personally I'd qt both and do a hyposalinity treatment. To be completly safe you should leave them qt'ed for 6-8 weeks to insure none is still living in your DT. Google hyposalinity treatment.

*edit*
Is the 5gallon your only option? That's a little small for 2 clowns.. but it can work.

Yeah I know its too small SHe has them in a 10 gal currently and i only have my 30 display and they sure as hell are going in their and the 5 mini tank. I'm think leave them in the 10 are should she for-sure remove them?

bigben2057 said:
Yeah I know its too small SHe has them in a 10 gal currently and i only have my 30 display and they sure as hell are going in their and the 5 mini tank. I'm think leave them in the 10 are should she for-sure remove them?

Does she have corals?

And I know you didn't ask.. but 10 is a little small for 2 clowns. They should have a 20..

Yeah I know its too small just trying too help her. She has some mushrooms so they would have to be removed as well for hyposalinity.

bigben2057 said:
Yeah I know its too small just trying too help her. She has some mushrooms so they would have to be removed as well for hyposalinity.

Yes, if mushrooms were removed you could leave them in the 10 to do the hyposalinity. The fish need to be the only thing in the tank. Including no rock.

Back
Top Bottom