Three weeks into cycleing What do i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dose the ammonia back up to 4ppm and keep testing. I like to dose to 4ppm daily. I think a more consistent level of ammonia will help develop the BB needed faster. When the BB has built up to the proper level, your ammonia and nitrite will go to 0ppm in 24 hours. Then big water changes to get the nitrates down and you are ready!

No reason to dose again, it will only prolong the cycle. You need your nitrifying bacteria to ramp up and this will take a bit of time. You have plenty of food supplied (nitrite), dosing ammonia will not speed this up. Just wait.

Thanks guys I have a chromis and like 20 hermits in there and lot of base rock with two live.

image-1291117918.jpg

ClayBishop said:
Thanks guys I have a chromis and like 20 hermits in there and lot of base rock with two live.

Lol, something worth mentioning. Spoonman was all about killing them suckers :p jk

I thought it was a bad idea to cycle with inverts I in the tank. There more sensitive to toxin spikes then a hardy fish. Although ill never fish in cycle again.

Hermit crabs can survive just about anything. Anything else though I wouldn't do it and the chromis was a rescue on thursday guy was going to flush him so I took him he is doing well eating and swimming

I had 40 ppm two days ago and now there gone you can see my last pic of my nitrites and ammonia its been over a month for the cycle process.

ClayBishop said:
I had 40 ppm two days ago and now there gone you can see my last pic of my nitrites and ammonia its been over a month for the cycle process.

So you had 40ppm nitrates 2 days ago and they are magically gone? Something is fishy hear. 40ppm nitrates dont disappear for no reason in 2 days.

ClayBishop said:
That is what I was thinking. I'll post a new tomorrow.

K, just FYI, API test kits are notoriously inaccurate so that could be the problem possibly or maybe you tested wrong. Idk but somethings off.

Back
Top Bottom