toadstool leather sick help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hard for me to make it out. You are saying that the leather opeoned up on the side that you cut. Does the other side have that yellowing now or is that all cut out. openning is a good sign. I would still do the dip like mike said.

ok the coral opened in a strait line one whole side on the cut side the other side does not have yellow the yellow on the cut side is not as bad now i did the iodine dip like mike said and by the way mike the iodine i had worked i chanced it cause it started looking worse last night and after i did that right before i went to bed he had opend all the across still not open full but healthier than he has looked in a month i do hace another thing to add i realized i havent mentioned this he is only opening right before lights off and mostly during lights off is that odd?

ok look ya got the circular top right ya take that top draw a strait line right down the center one side the side i cut is opening more than the other at times its the only side open. But i belive the iodine dip helped its lookin alot healthier i will also be doing a seven gallon water change as soon as my new water heats up a little to match the temp.

his edges seem to be rotting again..........and edges were its rotting yellowing again.........dip again or not........... should i try to frag a piece to save.......wats my best hope guys keep trying or let him die in peace.......

I would frag a healthy piece and then maybe dip the other piece again.

alright will do let my tank wake up this morning and i will i have some other stuf that needs work on before i can get to my tank....

today he looked better than he has in a long time much healthier looking polyps are extended a little longer dont show visible sings of rotting around its edges like before i think i may have this beat knock on wood .......

Good news, Just keep your water as clean in top shape.

1) did you make a frag of the leather coral?
2) I don't think you want to over do it with the dip unless you need to.
3) Do you have it back in it's regular tank?

I would still do a few more iodine dips to be sure unless he looks completely healed.

yes he is in the regular tank. he is too small right now to make a frag right now. mike i will continue with the iodine dips just until he heals

will do :) i will do one in the morning as its late now i had to leave as soon as i posted my last message take my girl friend home i will be home all week till friday with nothing to do so i have plenty of time to care for it...

here are some pics from his former beauty to his now diminished self i will try to post the pics in order but i dont think its hard to tell this was once my favorite biggest most beautiful coral in my tank it was the center piece of the tank everyonme loved it i hate to see it like this i can only hope time will bring it back around to its former self.......is it true a fragged coral will grow faster than before.....i hope it is.......mike i will be doing that iodine dip again soon then one more thursday morning as well.

Attachments

• 100_0039.jpg
    100_0039.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_0036.jpg
    100_0036.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 100_0747.jpg
    100_0747.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_0753.jpg
    100_0753.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 81
When the tentacles are out I would try to feed it. Make some blender food. Shrimp,mussels blended to a pulp then fed with some tank water and a turkey baster.

Back
Top Bottom