Toadstool Mushroom Coral is turning green

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joelduval1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I have a Toadstool Mushroom coral (leather) and he's turning green... When I bought him, he was upright and full pink/brown. Brought him home, he was fine for 3 days. Now I came home and he's green... Nitrites are 0. Nitrates are 0. Ammonia is 0.25. Calcium is 380. Everything is good... So what the crap is happening to him? I'm freaking lost... Anyone?

Your ammonia should be zero for starters. I'd do a pwc to dilute that ammonia down and secondly, seems that your calcium is a bit low. Good luck

Did you even cycle the tank? How old is it? Ammonia NEEDS to be 0 and same with nitrites or it's deadly. Anemones need tank well over 6 months old to survive also. If you didn't cycle take the livestock out, give it back to the LFS, and get it once your cycled.

Yes I cycled the tank. Been up for about 8 months now. Ive done about 20-25% water changes daily to get the ammonia to 0. He's perked up a little bit here and there but is still mostly slumped.

If he's tenticles are green then your toadstool is fine. It's just a tyree toadstool

Back
Top Bottom