Toadstool mustroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toffee

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know all of sudden why my Toadstool lean on its side like this?

I had it for months on my other tank and recently moved into my 75g lIke 3 weeks ago. It was doing fine until 2 days ago. I didn't add or change anything in the last 3days.

Parameters just tested today
Am, no, na all 0
Phos .05
Cal 400
Dkh 11
Ph 8.2
Sal 0.0255

It had some white spot on the top so I lowered the lights today. Kessil led

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1426959132824.jpg
    1426959132824.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 87
Soft coral like this will often shrivel when about to shed a layer of 'skin'. Can be a result of stress or new conditions. Have read theories that this is to keep parasites off of them. It should perk back up in a couple of days.

you said you just moved it into a new tank , where was it located in the old tank
it may not be happy with the location you chose in the new tank , is it getting enough flow , or it also could be like hank said you just never know

I placed it on the bottom of my 55g tank in previously. Currently I placed it on 75g bottom as well, the height on both tanks are same with the sand bed.

However lighting is better in 75g

These are the whit3 spots,normal?

Attachments

• 1426966627069.jpg
    1426966627069.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 78
did you acclimate it to the new light source , this could be another factor and is it getting good flow, leathers at times can be quite fussy on placement things need to be just right.
I keep my hand leather down on the sand if I move it just 2 inch in either direction it wont open put it back in its spot and it opens full in no time that's how fussy they can be

I acclimated it, but have been moving it in the tank during the first week trying to find its sweet spot.

the more you move it the more you stress it, I wouldn't move it more than once a week
I had a toadstool the size of a cantaloup , I moved this poor thing way to much now it's shrunk down to the size of a dime, I know he will come back over time though

Darn, I moved it lIke 5 times during the first week. Now I will leave it be, THX.

Yes you need to give him time

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, its standing upright now. However there are alot more white spots. What is going wrong?

Attachments

• 1427166734060.jpg
    1427166734060.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 81
Looks like necrotic tissue. Either use some airline tubing to siphon and scrape the areas or take it out and cut the areas out. It should recover on its own afterwards.

I hate to cut it out if I don't have to. Can I dip it in some sort of coral RX to cure it?

Unfortunately if you don't cut him, it will take over and kill him

But make sure you do it in a separate container

How big of a cut do I need to make?

Also, if I may ask. How does it attract it?

This is what it looks lIke after the cuts.

Attachments

• 1427239512973.jpg
    1427239512973.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom